What You’ll Get
- Simple, intuitive and dynamic user interface
- Unlimited cloud storage for safely archiving documents
- Share your family tree with ALL your family members
- Access from anywhere using any device
- Print professional reports. Select from 18 professional family tree report templates
- Ask a relative to fill in missing information with a simple click of a button within the web app
- Access a timeline of all edits to easily track updates and receive update notifictions
- Build your family tree. Preserve your family legacy
Powerful family tree
Ask a relative, collaborate with family, and receive notifications on edits and updates.
Your documents are safe and secure with encrypted data transfer and storage.
You have complete control over the accessibility of your family tree information.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to have mtDNA and/or Y-DNA makers to use this free web app?
Yes, this web app is only available to users who have taken the mtDNA and/or Y-DNA STR Test. Once you have mtDNA and Y-DNA markers, you can have limitless free access to more Genebase-powered free web applications from a variety of ancestry categories like royalty, world leaders, founding fathers, forensic finds, and more!
How do I use this web app?
Genebase will let you know when your mtDNA and/or Y-DNA STR marker results are ready. Testing begins as soon as samples arrive at the laboratory, and the results are released and uploaded immediately to your user account once testing is complete. You can simply log into your Genebase account to access all the free Ancestry web app.
Yes, Genebase works with user accounts. If you have already taken the mtDNA and Y-DNA STR test, you can simply sign in to your Genebase account to view your match results on the web. If you have not tested your mtDNA and/or Y-DNA STR marker, you will need to create a Genebase account with the registration key on your test kit.
Genebase performs analysis on your DNA data. To get more markers, upgrades can be ordered directly from your Genebase user account. All prices shown are in U.S. dollars, and all orders will be charged in U.S. dollars.
Both males and females can take the mtDNA test to trace their maternal line. Only males can take the Y-DNA test to trace their paternal line because only males have Y-DNA. For a female to trace her own paternal line, she would need to test a paternal relative, such as her brother, father, paternal uncles (father’s brother), paternal male cousins (father’s brother’s sons).